MELODY MUSIC BOOKING CONDITIONS
1. Your holiday/tour is arranged by Melody Music Company Ltd fully bonded under ATOL 6217
2. A deposit is payable at a time agreed between Melody Music and yourself [or your choir] and the balance being due by the date shown on the invoice [or agreed payment schedule with your Choir]. Where hotel only bookings are made, 1 nights accommodation is needed [non refundable].
3. If the event is hosted by a 3rd party clause 2 is in effect and extra charges may be added.
4. Failure to pay by the due date could result in the cancellation of your holiday and the cancellation charges as detailed in Section 7 would apply.Â For bookings made within 12 weeks of departure, the full amount must be paid at the time of booking. We do not accept payment by Credit Cards. Balance of every tour is due prior to departure as per invoice dates.
5. All prices shown are correct at the time of printing but are subject to changes in transportation costs e.g. fuel surcharges, Government Actions such as increases in VAT, currency fluctuations. An increase equivalent to 2% of the holiday price will be absorbed but any increase in excess of 2% will be surcharged. If this means paying more than 10% of the holiday price, you will be entitled to cancel the holiday with a full refund of monies paid excluding any amendment charges but this must be done within 14 days of the surcharge invoice date, or at the time when a surcharge has been advised or implied.
6. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party possess valid passports, any necessary visas* and health certificates and appropriate travel insurance cover.
7. If you change your booking after it has been confirmed, an amendment fee of £30 will be charged. An amendment may also be subject to additional charges through the costs of the new arrangements. Changes to bookings within 90 days of departure may be treated as a cancellation and cancellation charges as detailed in Section 7 will be applied.
8. Should you or any member of the party wish to cancel once the booking has been confirmed, notice of cancellation must be in writing. A booking is understood to be confirmed once we receive your initial deposit. Charges for cancellations will be as follows:
Period before departure within which a written cancellation is received
Amount of cancellation charge
More than 120 days 25% [or deposit whichever is greater]
119 – 80 days 45%
79 -50 days 60%
49 – 22 days 80%
Within 21 days 100%
Some of our airfares, Hotels and cruise tickets have special conditions attached, which can incur cancellation charges as high as 100%. These will be applied in the addition to the above charges if applicable.
1. We reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your holiday and all holidays operated subject to there being a minimum number of participants. However, in no case will we cancel your holiday less than 56 days prior to departure date except of reasons of force majeure or failure on your part to pay the final balance or in circumstances where we are unable to provide the holiday booked, we will refund all monies paid or offer an alternative holiday. Where concerts are involved, we reserve the right to change venue/time and date subject to our discretion and will inform you as soon as possible if such changes are to take place. Should the tour be linked to a specific one off event/concert, we reserve the right to cancel your holiday should it be found that the event is not viable. However, once the specific event is announced with time, location, date and main Artist[s], the event is deemed to be confirmed and will not be cancelled. This confirmation will appear on our website melodymusic-company.com no later than 2 months prior to the date of the event.
2. On occasion it may be necessary to make changes to your holiday and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes are minor and we will advise you at the earliest possible date. If a major change becomes necessary we will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible. Major changes include a difference of more than 16 hours in your departure time or a major price difference in your accommodation. We reserve the right to alter accommodation to a better OR similar standard with no increase in cost, and this will not constitute a Major Change. Should, due to availability, accommodation have to be changed to a lesser standard, but if the price is the same as a higher standard [0r within 4%] , this does not constitute a major change. Where major amendments are put in place, you will have the option to accept the amended arrangements, change to an alternative holiday (which may be more or less expensive and the cost would be adjusted accordingly) or cancel your holiday with a full refund. We will also pay compensation as detailed below:
Period before departure within which Amount of compensation per person:
More than 56 days Nil
56 – 43 days £10
42 – 29 days £20
28 – 15 days £30
14 – 0 days £40
However, in no case will we pay compensation if the change is due war, threat of war, terrorist activity, riots, strikes, fire, thefts, epidemics, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
1. Despite the amount of advance planning, problems can occasionally occur. Should you have a complaint whilst away, it must be reported immediately to our local representative or agent in order that the matter may be rectified without delay. In the unlikely event that your problem is not resolved on the spot, your complaint should be notified to us in writing within 30 days of your return. Failure to follow these procedures can deprive us of the opportunity to investigate and rectify the problem and we could not therefore accept responsibility. If you have a complaint post tour, which was not advised during the tour, giving us enough time to resolve any issue, we cannot be held responsible.
2. We accept responsibility for ensuring that the holiday, which you book with us, is supplied at a reasonable standard. In respect of carriage by air, sea, rail and the provision of hotel accommodation, our liability in all cases will be limited in accordance with the relevant international conventions. It is your duty to confirm flight times once tickets [or e-tickets] have been issued as flight times are subject to change. In the event of death or personal injury as a result of an activity forming part of the holiday arrangements we accept responsibility except where there has been no fault on our part or that of our suppliers or the cause was your own fault, the actions of a third party unconnected with the holiday arrangements or could not have been foreseen or avoided by us or our suppliers even if all due care had been exercised.
3. If any client suffers death, injury or illness arising out of an activity unconnected with the holiday arrangements or excursion arranged through us we shall, at our discretion, offer general advice and assistance in connection with any claims against third parties, provided we are advised of the incident within 90 days of the occurrence and our authority obtained prior to commencement of proceedings
4. All holiday details shown are correct at the time of printing. Certain alterations may occur and we shall notify you of any changes as soon as possible (see Section 9).Â Conditions of carriage by the airlines or ferry companies with which you are booked will apply and all carriers reserve the right to change timings and mode of transportation where and when necessary. Likewise, certain hotel facilities may be unavailable e.g. due to refurbishment or given over to a specific function temporarily and our liability in these instances shall be limited to advising you of such changes.
5. If you have a special request for a facility or service not advertised, we shall pass it on to the relevant supplier but we cannot guarantee that it will be met and we cannot accept any booking being conditional upon special requests being met.
6. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions, which are governed by U.K. Law, and both parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the British Courts.
7. *Visas. If requested Melody Music will assist you with obtaining a visa to most holiday destinations. However, should your application for a visa be rejected by the visa office of the country you are visiting, or by authorities while you are abroad, their word is final and Melody Music take no further responsibility. Should this prevent you travelling to your holiday destination you would be subject to normal cancellation charges per these booking conditions.
Escorted coach tours are subject to minimum numbers travelling.
Melody Music advises all travellers to have adequate travel and health insurance in place for this tour. Individuals should see advice from their doctors regarding any form of medication, inoculation etc that may be required to take part in the tour.
MELODY MUSIC 2015